A Time-Tested Process for Sourcing High Quality Hardwood Lumber: At TBM, we inventory and procure the highest quality domestic and imported hardwood lumber. When sourcing hardwood lumber, consistency in grade and color is our main priority. Trusted relationships with top sawmills allow us to meet the needs of every customer.
Thorough Inspection: Our trained inspectors verify each board in receiving for grade, thickness uniformity, width and length. Lumber is evaluated using NHLA standards.
Air & Kiln Drying for Proper Consistency: Green lumber is placed uniformly on sticks and left to air dry under roof until the moisture content is low enough for kiln drying. We reinspect after drying, removing any defect or downgrade that may have developed. Strict controls in the air and kiln drying processes allow us to maintain high quality and consistency.
We inventory a full line of premium 4/4 through 16/4 domestic hardwoods in a variety of pre-sorted widths, lengths and grades, including FSC Certified. Most of our domestic hardwood lumber is sourced from the Appalachian region extending from West Virginia to New York.
As a premium hardwood supplier we have years of buying experience and seek out only the best lumber available in Central and South America and Africa. When we purchase exotic hardwoods, we specify width, length, grain pattern and defect ensuring consistent quality in every load. For U.S. Green Building LEED projects, we offer FSC Certified imported hardwoods. TBM Hardwoods strictly abides by all federal laws including CITES and Lacey Act for the legal procurement, importation and documentation of exotic hardwoods as outlined in our Environmental Statement.
- Professionally kiln dried and properly stress relieved.
- Moulding catalog of in-stock profiles available.
- FSC Certified hardwoods available for U.S. Green Building LEED projects.
- Prompt, courteous delivery service on fleet of TBM trucks with regular weekly routes. Variety of delivery options available to ship anywhere.
- Milling services include: surfacing, straightline-rip 1 or 2 edges, mouldings, S4S boards, blanks, flooring, priming, sanding, end-trimming and resawing.